Here is my Control Freak swap card, featuring the Holiday Mini Catalog. It is a door front on the outside. The SURPRISE is when you open it up. Inside you will find a fireplace with the stockings hanging in front of it! The fireplace is 3-D, and takes it shape as you open the card.
Everything on this card is pretty self explanatory. The only kind of tricky part is the fireplace. That piece is a 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″ piece of Cherry Cobbler cardstock. Score the 5 1/2″ side at 1/2″, 1″, 4 1/2″ & 5″. (I used my new Simply Scored Tool for this -just put the little markers in the measurements listed, and away I went! Makes it easy when you are making a bunch of the same card! See new product below) Then I ran this piece through the Square Lattice Embossing Folder, then fold on score lines. Tape to the inside of the card. Voila! I also added our family picture from last year on the wall above the mantel.
I got quite a few questions about how I made this card, so here are some more instructions: Outside of card:
• Door panels on outside of door 1 1/4″ x 2″
• Scallops for wreath (Wild Wasabi) are the 2 scallops we carry in the catty
• Hole punched in the middle of the smaller scallop is 1″
• Hole punched in the middle of the larger scallop is 1 1/4″
• Ink the edges of the wreath with Garden Green
• Dimensionals on door panels
• Ribbon is Cherry Cobbler Seam Binding
• Score a line around the front of the card 1/2″ on all edges
Inside of card:
• Fireplace is a piece of Cherry Cobbler cardstock cut to 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″. Fireplace hole is cut from bottom, 2 1/4″ wide and 2 1/2″ long.
• Score the 5 1/2″ side at 1/2″, 1″, 4 1/2″ & 5″
• Put tape on the ends of this piece by the score lines. Only put tape between the edge of cardstock and 1st score line
• Position this inside the card. Put the bottom one on first. The edge of the fireplace should butt against the scoreline in the card.
• Now tape the top edge of the firplace. Before you secure it to the card, make sure it folds flat. That’s how I lined up where it should go on the top edge.
• Oval rug is the inside of the scallop oval die in Crumb Cake.
• Run that through the Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder.
• Ink edges and top of rug in Soft Suede.
• I did put a piece of Chocolate Chip cardstock behind the fireplace. That piece is 4 ¼” x 3 ¼”.
I can hardly contain my excitement for the NEW HOLIDAY MINI CATALOG! It is jam packed with FUN NEW products! I think this was the longest wish list I have ever had over a mini catalog! Click on the holiday catalog photo below to view the catalog online. You can place your orders HERE!
I think my favorite product in the mini catalog is the Simply Scored Tool. This will change your life! The stylus makes it glide easily on your cardstock to make PERFECT score lines! You will LOVE THIS!
Don’t forget, with any online order, you receive a FREE tutorial on my right side bar of your choice! Order HERE.